Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Session 3

Class started with an interesting activity on finding ways to to count minions eyes not more than 7. From this activity I was being realized that children can't count if they can't classify and count conventionally.

I was amazed with the introduction of the lesson over 9 days... Each day have different activity that interlink with each other. By the nine lesson the children will be able to grasp the variation of the activities. Through this introduction I learnt that each topic can be taught over days through variations of styles and methods.

The most interesting part of the day was the fraction problems. The way that it was being introduced was difference from what I was taught during my school years. Nowadays children was exposed to lots of pictorial representation that make it easy for them to understand.

The world had changed, I guess I need to further enhance my knowledge on teaching math in variation and more exposure through hands on activities.

No comments: